Your options to prepare an Enduring Power of Attorney in Northern Ireland

1: Do it yourself

Read the information provided by the Office of Care and Protection Northern Ireland. Download the forms from the Office of Care and Protection Northern Ireland.

2: Allied Services Trust Charity

If you do not have the confidence or the facility to complete the form yourself and/or you do not have the funds to pay a commercial entity Allied Services Trust can assist.

3: Pay a Commercial entity

Instruct a solicitor or other provider to help you. Charges vary in the commercial sector for preparing the Enduring Power of Attorney. If your attorney instructs a professional to register the Enduring Power of Attorney there will be an additional cost incurred for this work.

Be Aware: Registration Fee

At the point of registering your Enduring Power of Attorney a fee is payable to the Office of Care and Protection Northern Ireland. Your Attorney can apply for a reduction if paying this fee is likely to cause you hardship. If you are in receipt of certain benefits you may qualify for an exemption or remission of the registration fee. The registration fee is your responsibility.

Important: Jurisdiction

If you hold assets or if you live or are likely to need treatment or care in England and Wales, you should consider preparing a Lasting Power of Attorney England and Wales. Enduring Powers of Attorney (NI) are not recognised in England and Wales. Click here

Consider: Administration Fees

If you choose to appoint a professional Attorney from a commercial entity they will charge for the administration service that they provide. You should consider how you will pay your professional Attorney. If you need help for a long time costs will be your responsibility and can deplete your assets considerably.